Tuesday, July 31, 2012

When I grew beard

A few days back, I was extremely sad. I had become dull. Didn't feel like doing anything. Then I got posted to Belapur. It is in Navi Mumbai. My daily journey to office,and back, suddenly increased from 3 hours to 6 hours.

It was at that time when I decided to let my beard grow. The reason being laziness and sadness, combined. You are no longer forced to spend(waste) 10 minutes everyday.

No one noticed initially. A beard of a week or two is considered to be the result of just ignorance. And considered "cool". But when it started to "outgrow", people started to notice and ask. I didn't mind. I kinda enjoyed the discussions about the beard and my new look. Note: no one ever called me Devdas. Though it was once guessed that I am doing this out of some "prayer" or "mannat". My favourite comment was "he now looks like 'Al-Qaeda'". Hee. I was seriously thinking about shaving my moustaches to get the perfect look. But I didn't. Thankfully.

Days were going by. I was no longer forced to bleed myself, daily. I was saving 10 minutes of time daily, all of which I utilized in sleeping. A well trimmed beard made me look older and graver. If someone pushed me a little by mistake, in train or bus, just one simple look would fetch me an apology. Scared apology. I am more used used to friendly apologies, something like pat-on-shoulder apology. But this was new. Honestly, I was enjoying it.

Then again, weather was beginning to change in office. I had decided not to stay more than 8 hours. And thus I invited my seniors to fight with me. This senior guy has more work experience than my age. But I guess, it was this beard that helped me face him. I must tell you, when I am angry, I look scary. And with this beard, I was pure 'Al-Qaeda'. Well, everything went well. Well as in he stopped talking to me. Obviously, if you don't talk, you can't assign any work. Bliss.

I missed to mention a very important use of this beard. It allows you to hide emotions. It hides most of the facial expressions, so no one can tell what mood you are in. Even when you are crying, no one would notice. Helped me a lot to sulk in office time. I could hide behind my beard.

Well, then one day, it was my birthday(Heee). I had bought all-black cloths for the occasion. The theme was Man-in-Black. For those who think Will Smith is the original man in black, should know that Johnny Cash was the first man in black. His first audition, where he played his first hit "Folsom prison blues" was played while wearing black. Later, he even wrote a song titled "Man in black". You should ask me sometime to sing it to you.

Anyways, coming back to the beard, I thought that this beard would go nicely with the all black suit. It did. But not many people agreed with me. I had lost a lot of weight in the last couple of months. And the shirt I was wearing was half sleeves, something you should avoid if you are thin. Fashion blunder. The result was that no one seemed to notice that how cool the combo of my black suit and beard was. Instead, everyone focused on me getting extremely thin in one day.

It was then, that I started to think, that may be its time to get rid of this beard. But now the problem is, I have started to like it. I think I look like "Sad Keanu". You should google it. Though I think that I look better with just moustaches. But I am used to it now. I like the freedom. If I shave it, I will have to shave daily. 10 minutes less sleep daily. Also, my scary looks would be gone. I would again be the "cute cute" guy (please agree ^_^ ). And I would be more vulnerable. People attack you if they know that you are weak. No longer my sadness would be hidden.

But I know that I can handle this much. I should try.

Yaar mai kitna zyada sochta hun :D

No comments:

Post a Comment