Sunday, July 13, 2014

Disney world

I have never been to Disney world. Read a lot about it though. I guess I have seen it in some movie too. Can't remember it now.

They say its the happiest place on earth. I wonder why is it so. Is it because only people who are already happy, allowed to go inside? If so, then how do they measure if a person is happy? Do they have some device like a thermometer. "You can't go in, you are only 98 Disney happy, you need to be at least 102 Disney happy, or higher to get in", they would say, with Disney being the SI unit of happiness.

Or is it because the people get happy when they go in? How can you make a person happy? I would surely love to know that. Then I would be the first person whom I would make happy. What exactly is it that makes people happy in Disney world? Is it the "Dream-come-true-life-size-mickey-and-goofy" figures, who seem so glad to hug you, even more than you do, or is it the unending array of fantasy rides that titillate the senses you never knew you had. What do I know, I've never been there.

I guess the whole idea of being happy is based on ignorance. "Ignorance is bliss". I heard it the first time in the movie "Matrix". Didn't understood much then, but nothing seems more true than this now. I think thats what the Disney world does to people. It enables people to ignore their problems, even if for a little while, and earns the title of a happy place. A place that won't solve your problems or guide you in your dark paths, hell thats not a church you know, but it would make you forget about all your life, and its deficiencies that you have identified, so far, and let you believe in this perfect world, that is, happy.

But I don't think I could ever be happy without you. Well then, there is only one way for me, I have to go to the Disney world with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment